Enter search queries below or use the tag links to the right to browse the knowledge base by category (Show All Tags).
I am moving Robo-FTP from my desktop to my production unit. Is there a way to export configuration setting, i.e. managed sites, to the new unit?
These instructions apply to version 3.4. The steps may vary for older or newer versions. See the Help file installed with the software for details. For newer versions of the software the process is greatly simplified.
Here are the steps to follow in order to export your settings onto a second machine. For this tutorial, consider Computer A to be the machine Robo-FTP is installed on now, and Computer B to be the computer you are going to install and export your settings to.
- Run Robo-FTP and from the "File" menu select "Export Settings" then click OK. Note: If you are using PGP, and wish to keep your PGP Passphrase, you will need to check the "Export PGP Passphrase" checkbox. Export these settings to a temporary file.
- If you are using CRON functionality, you will need to make a backup of the file "crontab.txt".
- To copy your PGP key ring, you will need to copy "secring.gpg", "pubring.gpg", and "trustdb.gpg" from the Robo-FTP home directory. You will need to place them in a temporary folder.
- From the "Help" menu, select "Remove license" and click "Remove", "Yes", and "OK".
- Go to the Robo-FTP home directory and copy Removal.txt and place it in a temporary folder.
- Install Robo-FTP on the new machine. If you have a current Support plan, you can go to the Robo-FTP web page and download the newest version.
- Install Robo-FTP. After installing, on the first run of Robo-FTP make sure to choose the "All User" settings if you wish to run Robo-FTP as a NT Service.
- Run Robo-FTP and from the "File" menu select "Import Settings" then browse through your temporary folder which contains the saved settings files from Computer A, and select "Robo-FTP.set" and click "OK".
- Re-Activate your license from the "Help" menu.
- If you are using CRON functionality, you will need to replace the file "crontab.txt" with the previously backed up file.
- If you wish to use your PGP environment from computer A, you will need to create an empty key ring by opening "Tools", "Run Configurator", "Configure PGP", "Create Key", checking "Empty Key Ring", and clicking "OK".
- Replace "secring.gpg", "pubring.gpg", and "trustdb.gpg" in the Robo-FTP home directory with your saved gpg files from computer A.
The "All User Settings" dialog box for running Robo-FTP as a NT Service looks like the following.
Article last updated: 2017-08-04
Tags: Robo-FTP, license, new computer, new machine