Enter search queries below or use the tag links to the right to browse the knowledge base by category (Show All Tags).
I want to run Robo-FTP as a NT Service but did not choose the "All User" settings upon initial installation of Robo-FTP. How can I convert over to use the "All User" settings?
For Version 3.4 and up
- Run Robo-FTP and from the "File" menu select "Export Settings" then click OK. Note: If you are using PGP you can optionally check the "Export PGP Passphrase" or the "Export passwords" checkbox. Export to a temporary folder.
- If you are using CRON functionality, you will need to make a backup of the file "crontab.txt" or any appropriate cron txt file you may need.
- Go to "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel and Remove Robo-FTP. Follow the dialogs during the uninstall to remove the license.
- Install Robo-FTP on the machine. After installing, on the first run of Robo-FTP make sure to choose the "All User" settings, do not choose "Make a copy of the All User settings".
- Run Robo-FTP and from the "File" menu select "Import Settings" then browse to the exported file and click OK.
- Re-Activate your license from the "Help" menu.
- If you are using CRON functionality, you will need to replace the file "crontab.txt" with the previously backed up file.
The "All User Settings" dialog box to check looks like the following.
Again, you will need to check the "All Users" settings box, not the "Make a Copy" settings box.
Article last updated: 2008-09-29
Tags: Robo-FTP, NT service, User settings, All-User Settings