Enter search queries below or use the tag links to the right to browse the knowledge base by category (Show All Tags).
When connecting to an SSL server, the following error occurs: "Cannot open Trusted Certificate database". (Robo-FTP 3.6.x and earlier)
This error is caused by following sequence of conditions:
- the settings have been imported from another installation of Robo-FTP
- there are certificates in the TrustedCerts.db file on the originating PC
- TrustedCerts.db was not copied over to the new machine
There are two solutions for this problem:
- Copy TrustedCerts.db file to new PC. Use this solution if the original old TrustedCerts.db file is still available, as it will preserve any saved certificates.
- Delete registry value TrustedCertDB from new PC. Use this solution if you no longer have access to the old TrustedCerts.db file, or if, for some reason, you wish to start a new file.
Article last updated: 2016-05-20
Tags: SSL, Robo-FTP, Configuration