Enter search queries below or use the tag links to the right to browse the knowledge base by category (Show All Tags).
I need to configure Robo-FTP to restrict the data connection to use the same IP address used for the control connection. What do I do?
Robo-FTP 3.6 and later
Robo-FTP 3.6 and later provide a checkbox in the Site Manager to restrict the data connection to use the same IP address used for the control connection.
Robo-FTP v2.1 through v3.5
There are two things you can do.
1. Add the /restrictipaddr option to the FTPLOGON command.
2. Manually create (or edit) a site setting in the Windows registry for the site in question.
The first option is easy and the recommended way to accomplish this. However, if you need to connect to this site using the FTP client applet or if you wish to establish this site as the default site (i.e., specify the FTPLOGON command with no arguments) then you must use the Windows registry editor to set a value.
ONLY EXPERIENCED USERS SHOULD PROCEED FROM THIS POINT.
The registry value that needs to be created or changed is "SSLRestrictIPAddr". This value (if it exists) is 0 by default and indicates that this option is disabled. To enable it, create the value (if necessary) and set the value to 1. Follow the instructions below to set this value:
1. Find the Robo-FTP settings in the registry in either HKEY_CURRENT_USER (look here first) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE under "SOFTWARE\Robo-FTP\FTP\FTPServers".
2. Each FTP site that you have predefined using the Robo-FTP Configurator appears here under "Server0", "Server1", etc.
3. Find the site in question by expanding each of these locations one by one looking for a matching "ServerName".
4. When you find the desired "ServerName", determine if the "SSLRestrictIPAddr" value exists or not.
5. If the value exists, double click on it to change its value: 0 = disable, 1 = enable.
6. If the value doesn't exist, right click to add a new REG_DWORD value, and set it to 0 or 1 accordingly.
Article last updated: 2017-05-11
Tags: Configuration, Robo-FTP, Registry